Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Once upon a time <smile> I fell in love with Shakespeare. I was pretty young, in fact a preteen when this love hit me, deeply. Of course being a preteen it was circumvented by the first boy who paid attention to me! But unlike that first boy, Shakespeare has remained my heart! Hear that Dennis!? So when I started digging into the resources I found on line, on this topic I was at first taken aback by something called the Authorship Issue. Hmmmmm.... My life is nothing but learning to deal with feuds as is evidenced in this blog, so of course I was hooked immediately! Soon I was immersed in the tales of who begot whom and how this apparently proved identity. But a really smart guy named Mark Alexander set me straight with his web site Shakespeare Authorship Sourcebook, a truly remarkable site that offers the richest section of links one could hope for and of course, Mark's style of truth from his perspective is a lesson in the prose, itself! After years of newsgroup battles besides this man, I learned the mind can easily be the most deadly weapon when wielded by brilliance. From his works to the writings of one J. Thomas Looney the author of Shakespeare Identified. For anyone who is interested by the way, Mark's wondrous site is located: Shakespeare Authorship Sourcebook  From this web site I found myself reading everything I could find on the topic. I wandered over to The Shakespeare Fellowship where I found Shakespeare Matters which is filled with marvelous writers on the Authorship Issue, all them well known. On this site is an article called                      " Shakespeare's Knowledge of Law- A Journey of the History of the Arguments" which is probably the best article I've read on how the law plays into the identity of Shakespeare as one Edward De Vere. After taking the time to read and mull over what Mark shared, I then found myself on The De Vere Society UK. Now before I overwhelm you with all these sites, I've one more that I'd like to share! A German book now published in English called Anonymous Shakes-Speare Earl of Oxford the Man Behind by Kurt Kreiler  It has been a rather confusing trip to date. First of all, there are factions with the groups who have formed around the Authorship Issue. And these factions are as gnarly at times as the factions one finds when exploring politics! <smile> I am for the most part most interested in the Oxfordian story minus the factions and side stories, but that's just me. I like to find my way around the base line first before I add icing. I can share though, that these factions have a champion in the writer John Orloff II, from the Band of Brothers fame! He worked his screenplay into a project by Roland Emmerich called Anonymous. Although the story does follow some threads of what is referred to as the Prince Tudor Theory, it appears it will be great fun as a movie! The reviews certainly look promising so far. It has an all star cast which boggles the mind: Rhyus Ifans, Jamie Campbell Bower, Joely Richardson, and her amazing mother Vanessa Redgrave. And best of all, the movie starts with bit by Sri Derek Jacobi! (le sigh) So things have been filled with wonders of the mind, heart and history, which is the whole point of falling in love with this mystery! The history is so rich and stunning, that is' impossible to walk away from the subject. That should pretty much catch you up on the cave I've been hiding in. If you're interested I hang out on facebook a great deal now days. Look me up, I'm in the book! LOL..... See you soon! Remember to sing HU.... and be grateful... oh... for just everything, including the days you want to toss back into the cosmic stream! Love ya!

No comments: